If you’ve been on Instagram lately, you’ve likely seen that there’s an explosion of Christmas! It is my favorite holiday and though I’m getting ready for the Merry & Bright Holiday Home Tour hosted by Confetti Style (it’s coming next week)…I didn’t want to gloss over all things Thanksgiving. It’s such a warm and wonderful holiday when the focus is on family and food…and a lot less pressure than Christmas.
Today, we set our sights on a quick (that seems to be a theme with me, if you saw my last post) Thanksgiving tablescape that gives you more time to trim the turkey and chew the fat with friends and relatives alike.
Here are the elements that make up this fun and festive table. Nothing fancy, just a few odds and ends and that say…this meal is a little more special than most!
- Turkey Soup Tureen – You can used it to serve one of your sides, but I’ve just used it as decor. Mine is vintage and thrifted, but you can have one delivered to your doorstep by amazon, if you please!
- Plate Chargers – Add on the layers for more depth and interest.
- Brown Kraft Paper – Even out the playing field with affordable brown kraft paper, in place of a table runner. If you’re lucky enough to live where you can buy this, more power to you. If you live in a rural area like me, order online!
- Gourds – Add in a touch of fall color with a collection of gourds. Mine were real, but you can snag some that will last a lot longer!
- Lamb’s Ear – Add in some lamb’s ear for contrast and just because it’s cute!
- Pinecones – add in some floral stems with pinecones for a bit of oomph! You can buy faux, or if you’re lucky like I am, step out your front door and grab the real thing off a tree or some that have fallen to the ground! BONUS: These will do double duty for your Christmas festivities!
What are your favorite, can’t-do-without elements for your Thanksgiving table?
Here’s hoping your holiday season is off to a fantastic start!
Wendy Young is a mom of 3 who loves the farmhouse/eclectic/vintage/shabby vibe and maintains this site for fun. By day, she is a child, adolescent and family therapist, is the founder of Kidlutions: Solutions for Kids, creator of The Joyful Parent and the co-author of BLOOM: 50 Things to Say, Think and Do with Anxious, Angry and Over-the-Top Kids, along with multiple workbooks for kids. Her total readership is in the millions via her online and social media venues.